Installing Tanium Connect
Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install Connect and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Connect is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Connect, see Import Connect with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Connect, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Connect requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Connect with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Connect requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrade Connect.
- Assign the correct roles to users for Connect. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the Connect solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
No default settings are configured for Connect.
To import Connect and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Connect version.
To import Connect without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to deselect the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Connect version.
To configure settings, see Configure settings.
When you start the Connect workbench for the first time, the Tanium Server checks whether all the Tanium modules and shared services (solutions) that are required for Connect are installed at the required versions. The Connect workbench cannot load unless all required dependencies are installed. If you selected Tanium Recommended Installation when you imported Connect, the Tanium Server automatically imported all your licensed solutions at the same time. Otherwise, if you manually imported Connect and did not import all its dependencies, the Tanium Console displays a banner that lists the dependencies and the required versions. See Solution dependencies.
Perform the following steps if a banner indicates any Connect dependencies are not installed:
- Install the dependencies as described in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Connect to open the Connect Overview page and verify that the Console no longer displays a banner to list missing dependencies.
Before you upgrade Connect, you must back up your <Module Server>\services\connect-files\config\connect.db file in case you need to revert to a previous version of Connect. The support package is the easiest way to obtain a backup of the Connect database. For more information, see Collect logs.
For the steps to upgrade Connect, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Connect version.
If you upgrade from a version prior to Connect 4.12, you must Installing Tanium Connect immediately after you upgrade. Verify that any previously created connections still work correctly.
After you import or upgrade Connect, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Connect to open the Connect Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 2/2/2023 3:53 PM | Feedback