Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information about configuring Performance for Tanium Cloud, see Configuring Performance.
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install Performance and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Performance is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For details about the automatic configuration for Performance, see Import Performance with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Performance, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Performance requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Performance with custom settings.
Use the Automatic configuration with default settings option.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Performance requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrade Performance.
- Assign the correct roles to users for Performance. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the Performance solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
- To configure the Performance action group, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role, Content Administrator reserved role, or a role that has the Write Action Group permission.
When you import Performance with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
The following default settings are configured:
|Profiles||A profile is created with the default event rule configuration that targets All Computers.|
To import Performance and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Performance version.
To import Performance without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Performance version.
To configure the Performance action group, see (Optional) Configure the Performance action group.
To configure a profile, see Configure Profiles.
(Optional) To install and configure Direct Connect, see (Optional) Install and configure Direct Connect.
Other Tanium solutions are required for Performance to function (required dependencies) or for specific Performance features to work (feature-specific dependencies). See Solution dependencies.
For the steps to upgrade Performance, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Performance version.
In Performance 1.3.0 and later, you can configure Retention Settings to specify the Database maximum size and Database maximum days. Profiles created in Performance 1.2.1 and earlier do not include this setting. After you upgrade to Performance 1.3.0 or later, you can add this setting to a profile that you created in an earlier version by editing the profile, specifying the Retention Settings, and saving the profile.
After you import or upgrade Performance, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Performance to open the Performance Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 1/24/2023 6:05 PM | Feedback