Importing the initial gallery
Trends contains a prebuilt gallery of boards, panels, and sources. The gallery includes:
- Trends boards that use sensors from the Core Content and Default Content packs to provide environmental visibility.
- Boards for any installed Tanium solutions that use module sources or saved question sources. For example, if Tanium Discover is installed, you can import a Discover gallery that contains predefined boards, panels and sources that use data provided by Discover.
Use the gallery to explore how boards, panels, and sources work together to visualize data. You can even edit the gallery or clone boards to make your own boards.
Trends provides the following boards in the initial gallery:
|Containers||Container usage in the environment (requires Tanium Containers)|
|Inventory||Hardware and software in the environment|
|IT Hygiene Assessment||Managed and unmanaged assets in the environment|
|IT Operations Metrics||Business metrics for IT operations|
|Operations Monitoring||Reboot status, browser versions, and product versions|
|Policy Monitoring||Endpoint policies for Windows firewall and USB write protection|
|Risk and Security Metrics||Business metrics for risk and security|
|Tanium Client Counts||Counts of Tanium-managed clients, derived from Client Status|
|Tanium Health||Endpoint status and Tanium Client versions|
|Trends - Module Health||Source collections and Trends resource usage on the Module Server|
This list only contains boards provided by Trends; it does not contain boards provided by other Tanium solutions.
- If the Core Content pack, Default Content pack, or Tanium modules are not present when you import the gallery, the corresponding Trends boards, panels, and sources are not created. You can reimport the gallery at a later time after you import the content or solution to create these boards, panels, or sources.
- If you import Trends with the default settings, Trends automatically imports the initial gallery. This includes boards and sources provided by other Tanium solutions that are already imported and configured.
- If you import Trends with the default settings and later import another Tanium solution, Trends automatically imports the boards and sources for that solution after the service account is configured for the solution.
If you are using Tanium™ Cloud, the initial gallery is imported by default. You can use these steps to re-import the initial gallery.
When you import the gallery, you can select which boards and panels to import. Trends creates those boards along with any corresponding sources, panels, and sections. You can reimport the gallery at any time.
Trends does not overwrite panels or sources that already exist in your Trends workbench. To reset any panels or sources in the galleries, delete the panels and sources that you want to reset, and then reimport the gallery. If you import a board that already exists in your Trends workbench, Trends merges any new panels into the existing board.
- From the Trends menu, click Boards to open the Boards page.
- Go to > Import Gallery.
- Select the boards, sections, and panels to import.
- Click Validate.
- Review the content to import and select resolutions for any conflicts.
- Click Import.
To reselect which boards to import, click Back. To exit without importing, click Cancel.
Any saved questions used by imported panels are issued immediately. Within a few seconds, Trends begins to collect initial results and display data in the boards and panels. After the initial data appears, explore the boards and panels to discover what you can do with Trends. You can make modifications to titles, text descriptions, dates, and clone a board if you want to create a similar board.
Last updated: 11/30/2022 9:16 AM | Feedback